This fund is available for voluntary organisations, such as Victim Support, Guiding Hand, Neighbourhood Watch Schemes, to apply for funding for projects that support the Community Safety Action Plans. The maximum grant for each application is £1,000. Detailed costings for all applications will be required.
Criteria for Voluntary Organisations Projects Fund:
This fund is to support specific projects that help meet one or more of the objectives of the Community Safety action plans:
It is important that the project be carried out in partnership with other agencies
- reduce the fear of crime;
- reduce fear and incidents of domestic violence;
- reduce potential for youth crime;
- increase public safety;
- reduce substance and drug misuse;
Objectives of fund:
- to support the five Community Safety action plans;
- raise awareness of Community Safety issues;
- reduce the incidence of crime and disorder;
- help strengthen local communities;
- improve quality of life for residents in County Borough;
- further the aims of the applicant organisation.
Who can apply?
Voluntary and charitable organisations with a constitution.
Maximum grant: £1,000 per application per annum.
- Any expenditure on projects that support the Community Safety Action Plans.
As part of the assessment, the local councillor will be consulted on the bid. The final decisions on applications will be with the Economic & Community Regeneration Cabinet Board.
If the application is approved a short report must be submitted to the Economic & Community Regeneration Cabinet Board at the end of the project evaluating the success of the project, including relevant performance information.